One of Costa Rica's most popular eco-tourism destinations, the canals and rivers of Tortuguero National Park are a study in rainforest, freshwater and marine biology. The park and small town of Tortuguero can only be accessed by boat or small aircraft. The lodges provide comfortable accommodations, knowledgeable natural history guides, boats and family-style dining for their guests. Considered one of the world's major nesting sites for the Atlantic green turtle, you can see these great creatures between July and October.
Included: 2 nights Laguna (FAP/FB), Roundtrip minibus/boat transfer San Jose Tortuguero Lodge - San Jose, Tours as indicated, National park entrance fee & Local English-speaking guide
What to Bring: For a comfortable trip we suggest you to bring: Cotton type clothes Hat Sun blocker Insect repellent Comfortable shoes Sandals Swimming suite Rain gear (although we provide rain ponchos you could bring your own) If you are planning on taking our night walk during the turtle season make sure to bring dark color type clothes (black, green, blue). Neither cameras nor smoking allowed during night walks on the beach.
Early morning pick up for the drive through the Braulio Carrillo National Park to the canals lining the Atlantic Coast, where the three-hour boat trip to Tortuguero starts. A typical breakfast is served on the way. Tortuguero National Park preserves 21.000 hectares of tropical rain forest.
Arrive at the lodge for lunch. The lodge will then schedule a tour to the village in the afternoon. This tour will provide detailed information on its history, culture and work in favor of conservation of the sea turtles and the flora and fauna in general.
A visit to the Sea Museum of the “Caribbean Conservation Corporation” is also included, but the donation of USD 1 per person has to be paid directly to the CCC.
Overnight at Laguna Lodge (FAP/FB)
After breakfast guests will enjoy the boat tours along the canals of Tortuguero.
Visit the canals within the National park to discover a large variety of birds and receive detailed information on the flora and fauna of the area.
Return to the lodge for lunch. Afterwards take an optional hiking trip around the hotel property. It is amazing how so nearby your room you can find different kinds of monkeys, sloths, iguanas, poison arrow frogs and many birds and insects including the blue butterfly (Morpho peleides).
Overnight at Laguna Lodge (FAP/FB)
After breakfast, return by boat to the dock near Limon, then overland to San Jose through Braulio Carrillo again. A typical lunch is served on the way. Your client may choose to fly back to San Jose
- Rates are per person for whole pckg.
Children 5-11 years pay $149 p/child. Children extra night $ 53 p/child.
Package price includes:
- 2 nights Laguna Lodge
- Fullboard starting with breakfast along the way the first day and ending with lunch the third day along the way. (3 breakfast, 3 lunches & 2 dinners)
-It's mandatory to wear safety vests on the boat ride to the hotel.
- Roundtrip minibus/boat transfer San Jose – Tortuguero – San Jose. Transfers are seat-in-bus basis. Private transfers can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Please add US$ 45 per person for additional transfer (roundtrip) from/to hotels outside San Jose like Xandari, Finca Rosa Blanca, Bougainvillea, Alta.
- Visit to the town of Tortuguero, 1 boat tour through the canals & 1 guided hike at hotels property.
- National Park entrance fee
- Local English-speaking guide
- For flight costs please go to local flights. When clients take a flight back they only do have a light breakfast and lunch is not included on the last day.
Additional nights include only lodging and meals.