Mawamba Lodge is located on the Caribbean Coast on a sand strip between the Tortuguero Canals and the Caribbean Ocean. It is nestled a 15-acre beach front property located on the right side of Tortuguero. It is surrounded by lush gardens, rainforests, pristine beaches and the amazing Tortuguero canals.
The hotel's rustic accommodations blend perfectly with the surrounding exuberant jungle vegetation. From the comfort of the wooden bungalows guests will be able to listen to the jungle as they relax peacefully in bed. Ranchos with hammocks tucked away in the gardens are the right place to relax after a day of adventures and discoveries. A fresh water pool is perfect for refreshing after a day of activities. Private nature trails and an open sky butterfly farm provide the opportunity to discover the different species of trees, palms trees, heliconias and many other plant species that abound in the tropical rainforest.
54 rooms: with private bathroom, hot water and ceiling fans.
The Limbo Bar & Grill serves delicious continental or Costa Rican breakfast as well as a variety of delicious dinner dishes. Guests can also enjoy delicious tropical cocktails and national and International liquor and beers.
Restaurant, jacuzzi, swimming pool, laundry service, game room, nature trails, butterfly garden, games room.
Day 01 San Jose - Tortuguero Early morning pick up for the drive through Braulio Carrillo National Park to the canals lining the Atlantic Coast, where the three-hour boat trip to Tortuguero starts. A typical breakfast is served on the way. Tortuguero National Park preserves 21,000 hectares of tropical rain forest. The lodge will schedule boat trips into the jungle for wildlife observation with a local tour guide. (B/L/D)
Day 02 Tortuguero National Park Morning and afternoon boat trips through the canals of Tortuguero. (B/L/D)
Day 03 Tortuguero - San Jose After breakfast, return by boat to the dock near Limon, then overland to San Jose through Braulio Carrillo again. A typical lunch is served on the way. Your client may choose to fly back to San Jose. (B/L)
Tours available leaving from Tortuguero
||Additional Night STD||FB||$119||$99||$89|
||Additional Nt Sup||FB||$155||$129||N/A|
Rates are per person for the whole package.
Children under 4 years old free of charge.
Children from 5-11 years must pay $170 / Additional night: $50
Additional person: from 12 years old: For this rates please contact to your sales agent.
Superior Room: Adults only
Package price includes:
- 2 nights at Mawamba Lodge
- Full Board starting with breakfast along the way the first day and ending with lunch the third day along the way. (3 breakfast, 3 lunches & 2 dinners)
- Roundtrip minibus/boat transfer San Jose – Tortuguero – San Jose. Transfers are seat-in-bus basis. Private transfers can be arranged at an additional cost. Please add $55 per person for additional transfer (roundtrip) from/to hotels outside San Jose like Xandari, Finca Rosa Blanca, Bougainvillea, Alta.
- Visit to the town of Tortuguero, 1 boat tour through the canals & 1 guided hike at hotels property
- National Park entrance fee
- Local English-speaking guide
- For flight costs please go to local flights. When clients take a flight back they only do have a light breakfast and lunch in not included on the last day.
Additional nights include only lodging and meals
Maximum occupancy per room:
04 adults (The rate shown above is for SGL, DBL & TPL. For the 4th person rates please contact to your sales agent).
Check In 13:00hrs / Check Out 12:00hrs