The concert is part of the recitals for Mother’s Day and is arranged by the producer Love Fest Productions
By: Melissa Solis C.
“Amor”, “Fuiste tu”, “Mi novia se me esta poniendo vieja”, “Lo que esta bien esta mal” and “Historia de Taxi” are some of the songs that Ricardo Arjona will sing on August 18th, 2012.
The Ricardo Saprissa Stadium, located in Tibas a few minutes away from the capital, will be the stage for the performance of the Guatemalan artist, where he will connect with his audience, sharing stories of his life between songs.
The concert is part of the recitals for Mother’s Day and is arranged by the producer Love Fest Productions.
Costa Rican Trails will soon let you know about the prices of the entrances and where you can get them.
Where can you stay?
If you’re coming to the concert, consider staying at the hotels Costa Rican Trails recommends, such as: Aurola Holiday Inn, Barcelo San Jose Palacio and El Presidente, among others.
After you enjoy the show you can take adventure tours and get to know the different regions of the country.
Some of Arjona’s achievements:
- In 1994, his album “Historias” received 27 platinum and 2 diamond records.
- In 1993, he introduced “Si el norte fuera el sur”, receiving 16 platinum and 1 diamond records.
- In 1998, “Sin daños a terceros” came up as a response to a song of Alejandro Filio titled “El reino de los ciegos”. It surpassed 700.000 sales only two months after the release and received many platinum records in America.
- In 2005, he received a platinum record for DVD “Solo”, which compiles the life of the Guatemalan artist.
- In 2006, Sony BMG Music Entertainment gave him a recognition for having more than 12 million sales.
- Also in 2006 he received the trophy “Herencia Latinoamericana” of the North American Society of Authors, Composers and Publicists (ASCAP).
- In 2007, he won a Grammy Award for “Best Latin Pop Album”.
- In 2008, he received an award for his song “Quiero”, from the album “Quien dijo ayer”.
- In 2009, he won the Super Nova award for his musical career at the Premios Juventud.
- In 2010, he received 1 silver torch, 1 golden torch and 2 silver seagulls at the Viña del Mar Festival.
- In 2010, he received the award “Latin Trajectory of the Year” at the Orgullosamente Latino awards.